The UniVent layer cage system from Big Dutchman meets customers’ high demands regarding bird health, laying performance and environmental factors in the most ideal way. This technically mature system is characterised by a very long service life due to the use of high-quality materials, excellent functional reliability and a high degree of automation. UniVent is a trademark for quality and customer satisfaction and has been for decades.
Effective technical accessories
Extensive testing has shown that the special Big Dutchman suspension for cage bottoms makes the floor of the UniVent cage very elastic: eggs roll quickly but smoothly to the egg channel. This reduces the risk of hairline cracks and dirt to a minimum.
EggSaver slows down the eggs when they roll from the cage onto the longitudinal egg belt. To this end, a thin wire is installed parallel to the egg belt. This wire is raised and lowered at certain intervals during the laying period, improving egg quality.
- the proven UniVent system is the perfect basis for profitable, high-quality egg production;
- high functional reliability of all supply and removal systems (feed, water, egg belts, manure);
- stable design;
- trouble-free assembly from three to twelve tiers with catwalks;
- the entire cage front is easily opened thanks to a sliding grid: welfare-friendly moving in and out of the birds;
- OptiCoat protects against corrosion, thus increasing the system’s service life;
- the cage bottoms have a mesh size of 1" x 1.5" and a slope of only 12 % or 7° and rest on tension wires, which ensures excellent egg quality;
- manure belt ventilation (optional) dries the manure optimally, thus keeping ammonia emissions low and producing spreadable and storage-stable dry manure.