Big Dutchman is your competent partner for expert planning and implementation of air cleaning systems. We have years of experience from several hundred completed projects under our belt and use proven air scrubbing technology, supplying systems that come ready to be connected.
Our air scrubbers sustainably reduce emissions from pig housing to guarantee successful continuation of your pig production enterprise.
How Porcus works
A pressure corridor, which must be provided by the customer, connects the Porcus air scrubber with the barn. Fans press the exhaust air into this corridor and then into the scrubber itself. In the scrubber, the air flows upwards through a horizontal filter bed.
A nozzle system sprays the filter package with water from above. The filter package has a large surface area, which ensures thorough cleaning of dust, ammonia and odours from the exhaust air.
- individual planning with an expert;
- use of proven air scrubbing technology;
- supplied as a complete unit that is ready to be connected;
- available in different sizes for any barn and also in 40-foot containers: modular design (length x 2.40 m x 2.10 m);
- permanently high separation rates;
- easy-to-plan assembly times;
- low installation requirements;
- single-part plastic housing for reliable and long-term impermeability;
- easy handling;
- high functional and operational reliability;
- fully automatic process control;
- cost-efficient operation;
- well-suited for retrofitting.
Technical room and storage room for operating substances
An important advantage of Porcus’ modular design is the technical room, which is optimally dimensioned to match scrubber capacity. The technical room is pre-installed by the manufacturer.
All necessary components, such as the pH value sensor, the conductivity sensor, the meters for measuring fresh water and desludge water quantities, pumps, piping and the control box are cleverly installed for a good overview. The practical arrangement of the technology also makes maintenance easier.
Porcus: biological and chemical version available
The biological version is a very good choice when the most important goal is reducing odour emissions, in addition to separation of ammonia and dust. Naturally occurring bacteria grow on the filter material. In an oxidation process, these bacteria convert ammonia into ammonium nitrate.
To maintain the ideal pH value, specific operating substances such as acids or alkalis must be added. The great advantage: no complicated brushwood filling is required!
Separation rates biological scrubber:
- ammonia > 70 %
- dust 60 %
- odours 45 % to 70 %, < 300 OU/m³
- no untreated gas perceptible in the clean gas
Separation rates chemical scrubber:
- ammonia 70 % to 90 %
- dust 35 %
- odours 30 %
Operating Porcus as a chemical air scrubber makes the use of sulfuric acid necessary. This lowers the pH value and then binds the nitrogen as ammonium sulfate. The amount of process water required is much lower, but it must be stored separately.